Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wednesday, October 3

My neighbor and I went for a walk first thing this morning, and then I made breakfast: porridge with apple, banana, yogurt. Mocha to go.

I forgot to mention that Tuesday night hubby and his b-i-l had a good look at our truck's transmission while we were out at their place and all may not be as bleak as it seemed. At least hubby has one relatively inexpensive thing to try meanwhile. hopefully it will do the trick.

At lunch I reheated chicken veg barley soup and made toast. I had peas and grapes for snack, also two pieces dark chocolate. Why yes, I do seem to eat the same things over and over again. Hubby made a cabbage unroll casserole for supper--which means I had a heck of a lot of kitchen cleanup to do when I got home! Still it was nice not to have to cook today and besides it tasted darn good.

After supper he headed back to the mines and I started in on the Home Blessing. Two mega-batches of dishes, watered the plants, hauled canning and empty jars to the cellar, and stole a few minutes to finish reading The Proof by Austin Boyd. Did a Room Rescue on the Living Room. Gathered the garbage together in the porch (it's pouring rain out and I don't feel like hauling them to the truck tonight) as it is dumpster day at work Friday. Then I vacuumed the entire main floor and washed the kitchen floor, including the dining area (in honor of dining room zone week!)

That's it. Now I'm going to read for a bit, do my back stretches, and have a banana shake (once the floor is dry in the kitchen) and off to bed. I'm really bad with zone work when Jim is home on weekdays. I don't know if I should fight it or go with it. Right now--apparently--I am going with it!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading what you've done. I don't think I've told you, Val, but I think you're brave to do this blog. I have a journal where I keep a list of what I've done during the day, and some days those pages are pretty blank. Here, you're accountable to anyone who looks at the link. If I did this, it would be private! Thanks for the inspiration.

Valerie Comer said...

Apparently I work best with accountability, even though I'm pretty sure not more than a handful of people read this blog--and most of them don't know me in real life (**Waves to niece, Karen!)

I guess that's the reason its *public*--I appreciate the encouragement--but I needed to write things down somewhere or I can fool myself into thinking I'm doing everything right. I'm seeing patterns here that I wouldn't see otherwise.

Thanks and hugs! I really appreciate you stopping by and waving occasionally.

Karenee said...

Hahahahaha!

ej, I tell you. I've copied my Aunt in this, and my accountability blog is blank all the time because I forget to post along with all the other things I forget.

It is my hope that one day I will at least post, even if it's all I do.

Valerie Comer said...

Yeah, Karen, I keep checking your blog and it is strangely silent...

Wendy said...

*L* You have an accountability blog, Karen? You're a step ahead of me, at least!