Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday, October 5

At least it wasn't pouring for Hannah's and my walk this morning. I'd woke up in the middle of the night with a charleyhorse in the calf, which caused me to realize I'd been skipping stretches after the walks. So I taught them to Hannah, standing out in the middle of the dirt road in front of their house. Not sure what the passing truckers thought.

Breakfast: porridge with apple, banana, yogurt. Mocha to go.

So Fridays at 12:15 is a 40-minute fitness class at the Rec Center that is low impact with an exercise ball. It is advertised as strengthening the core and abdominals. Just what the doctor (and the massage therapist) ordered. It was trickier than I thought it would be, and it's going to take a day or two to recuperate. Definitely pointed out how weak I am in that area and once I learn to do the exercises correctly I think it will be very positive. So I expect to go to this class regularly.

Picked up groceries (mostly produce and dairy) on the way home after class. I heated leftover pasta and tomato sauce for my lunch, also had a tossed salad. I ate a handful of grapes while I put away groceries, then some peas and a couple of Wasa crackers with chocolate cream cheese as I finished reading Nobody...with the heating pad on my back.

Then I dragged myself up the stairs with the timer set for thirty minutes and worked on sorting and tossing in the spare room. I cooked up a marinated pork chop with onions, mushrooms and spinach for supper.

I must be getting closer to the optimal GI diet again. I'm always hungry. Sigh. I gave in to a serving of chocolate ultimate frozen dessert--the euphemism for sugar-free low-fat not-quite-ice-cream, which is also low-guilt in moderation. Moderation it is. I still have the kitchen cleanup and another round of back stretches to go tonight.

Yay the weekend!

2 comments:

Jean said...

My new officemate is a physician's assistant who specializes in sports medicine. I asked if he knew of a good beginning yoga class in the area. It turns out Wednesdays at 1130 in the base gym -- for free. I'm going to start going to that.

Valerie Comer said...

Cool. I hope you enjoy it. I didn't see any yoga classes here that fit my schedule.