Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday, October 13

Sometimes it is nice to have a lazy Saturday all to oneself. I slept in and woke up to a gorgeous autumn morning, sun shining and all. So I climbed into my walking clothes and headed out to enjoy it. You can see the photos over In My Little World. By the time I got out of the shower I debated whether it was breakfast time or lunch time, and decided on breakfast. (Porridge with apples, raisins, banana, vanilla yogurt.) Sat down at the computer with my mocha to upload my photos and share them.

I make a calendar every year for my side of the family (which my mom pays for as a Christmas gift for everyone), so I spent a good deal of time on that today, setting up the calendar grids for it. The family is responsible to get pages (or at least photos) to me. I've received three complete pages by email (thanks Karen!) and all the photos needed for one more. I've been told that another three are on their way via snailmail. Yes, there are still folks who don't have computers and email in their homes! Everyone else has at least contacted me regarding what they're doing and when.

Meanwhile when I got hungry again, I reheated the last of the chicken bean soup from Monday. I spent awhile out on the floor (I should paint a mural on my ceiling some time...) and finished reading Crimson Eve by Brandilyn Collins well before bedtime, and besides hubby will be home tonight so I needn't lie awake afraid.

I've snacked on peas and grapes and apple salad (also from Monday) and made a pot of chili and had a serving of that. Will save some out for the next couple days and freeze the rest.

That ball exercise class is really something. I'm totally amazed how much I feel my abs today. Honestly, I thought I was in much better shape than I obviously am! I've only been NOT exercising for the last month (except for walking. And I'm still doing pain drugs for the upper back. I thought about working in the flower beds but decided not to push it, that I really *should* be sensible and not always push the limits.

Hubby's home now and I still have the kitchen to clean. All is well. It'll be done.

No comments: