Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday, October 4

So. 6:50 am. I'm lying in bed listening to the downpour of rain on a metal roof. And I'm thinking...is Hannah really going to want to walk in this? I'm talking cats and dogs raining--tigers and wolves, not kitties and puppies. The phone does not ring. It creeps closer to 7. I think, well, I know *I* have rain gear, so it won't be me that makes the call. Eventually I decide the phone really is not going to ring, and I get up, throw on my workout clothes and rain gear and head out the door.

Of course I discovered that Hannah had decided she'd canceled on me enough times and it wasn't going to be HER fault if we didn't walk today. So we walked. And talked. And got absolutely soaked, rain gear or not. And by the time I left for work the sky was nearly clear. Figures.

Breakfast: porridge with apple, banana, vanilla yogurt. Mocha to go. And I need to get another option in my brekkie routine. Don't know what yet.

At lunch hour I went to Curves for the first time in about three weeks. Weighed in at 147#. I'm debating whether to give Curves up or not at the moment, but you know, I like it. And I enjoy many of the lunch hour regulars. So I don't know. And yes, I'm frustrated like crazy about the 147 as well.

I'd taken leftover rice and Hawaiian chicken to eat at my desk, along with carrot sticks and grapes.

After work I came home and fixed myself supper, a stirfry with steak, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and the last of the green beans. Later I had two pieces of whole grain toast with margarine and cheddar.

I cleaned the kitchen and didn't do the zone cleaning. Instead, I set the timer for fifteen minutes and began cleaning out the stuff on the floor of the spare room closet. That room is kind of organized chaos. It's not cluttered, really, but it contains a lot of things I probably don't need. Including things from my kitchen that have been packed away for the last six months. It's time to start sorting it and doing some tossing.

I watched X-Weighted on tv. Interesting to see what these folks go through to lose (in this case) 29 pounds in six months. She trained really really hard, and a lot of it was upper body workouts (full body pushups, for instance) that I really can NOT do anymore (if I ever could) and heavy duty cardio--running. So I sat there and ate my toast and wondered if I was doomed. Yeah. Like that makes sense.

I've made a good start at reading Nobody by my buddy Creston Mapes. Interesting story in an interesting voice. Now I need to do my back stretches and head for bed at a decent time.

No comments: