Friday, October 26, 2007

Thursday, October 25

Thursday was a long and exhausting day. Jim had corralled this year's calves (12 out of 13, keeping one for meat) Wednesday, so we spent the night listening to the calves bawl and their mamas bellow. At 6:45 Jim's BIL and nephew showed up to help him load the calves into a large horse trailer. When he left the farm to haul the calves to the place designated for meeting up with the semi, I went for a 20 minute walk (all the time I had left). Brekkie: porridge with apple, raisins, dollop of honey, banana, vanilla yogurt. Mocha to go.

The guys had one other batch of calves to haul for a neighbor and got done just before noon. I met them for lunch: the Mediterranean style chicken burger (spinach, feta, mozz, lettuce) and a tossed salad. I stole a few of Jim's fries also.

Meanwhile, he'd broken a filling and cracked a tooth a couple days ago and the dentist called to fit him in about 3:30, and then the 6pm jewelry class we thought was canceled wasn't, and no one was home to fix supper, and besides hubby's mouth was frozen and I'd snacked in the afternoon on peas, 2 oranges and some grapes...so we went to the library and then to our class. Which was FABULOUS and ran til 9:30 by which time we were STARVING. Jim phoned a pizza order in and we picked it up on our way home and I had four pieces of Hawaiian pizza at 10pm, then cleaned the kitchen (which didn't take long as no one had been home to dirty it...) and spent half an hour flat on my back. Needed that badly after more than three hours doing detail work in that class.

Whew. What a day. I guess I shouldn't be surprised I have a residual headache this morning (Friday).

No comments: