Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday, October 9

My neighbor wasn't up for a walk this morning (their kids were still visiting from Saskatchewan) so I went alone in the fog. Kind of eerie! Came back and fixed breakfast: porridge with apple, banana, yogurt. Mocha to go at work.

Hubby and I went out for lunch. I had a Mediterranean style chicken burger (feta and spinach), and I left the top off. Had a side salad. I'd also taken peas and grapes to work, which I had just about finished when it got crazy busy for most of the afternoon. Had a piece of chocolate at the end of the day.

For supper I served up a large tossed salad and then leftovers from the cabbage unroll casserole from last week. Then I polished off the last piece of pumpkin pie!

I've got hubby's laundry done and ready for his next shift. Breakfast and lunch are prepped out. I had to laugh at FlyLady's zone task for today, wiping off the all the counters. Mine are covered with pans of thawing plums as apparently hubby is starting the zinfindel in the morning. So I settled for Wednesday's task: scrubbing and buffing the kitchen faucet in between two batches of dishes. I also deboned and packaged for the freezer the turkey broth I'd had simmering all night. So the kitchen is as clean as it can be in prep for another onslaught of Real Life tomorrow.

Also finished reading The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. Reminds me a fair bit of Madeleine L'Engle's writing actually. I guess it is YA fantasy from a similar era so that makes some sense.

No comments: