Friday, October 19, 2007

Thursday, October 18

Another walk first thing, then a breakfast of Fiber One with two mandarin oranges and vanilla yogurt. Mocha to go.

So my truck is in the shop and apparently the parts still have not arrived. I guess I couldn't be driving it anyway, but I am so very tired of being dependent on someone else--even hubby--for wheels. Cross-communication (he's trying to finalize the deal for selling this year's calves and some of the laws have changed) and I find myself stranded in town at lunchtime. So I went for a walk and then grabbed a sandwich (on what passes for wholegrain bread) at the bakery. Lots of sprouts, though :) and carrot and celery sticks.

I was thankful we'd prepped out the casserole Wednesday night when I got a call that the massage therapist had a cancellation for 5pm. I snapped it up. While hubby waited for me, he got a call from his mom that her oven wasn't working, could she put her supper in ours? He said, yes, it's already on at 350 and there's room. She phoned a few minutes later to say ours wasn't working either, it was about 200 degrees. What are the odds of two gas ovens, next door to each other, both having the same problem at the same time? My FIL was a gas-fitter most of his working years and he sure can't figure that out. All our other gas appliances (stove top, space heater, HW tank, dryer) work fine. Anyway, the casserole wasn't cooked through so I transferred it to the micro-convec when we got home and supper was a bit late. My MIL finished hers off in her barbecue.

We had a banana shake later. I spent a lot of time in my recliner with heat on my back. Considering how NON invasive this massage treatment is, I hurt like crazy afterwards. I did my most basic evening routine before bed.

No comments: