Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday, October 14

Another beautiful fall day here in BC. Another morning walk, but shorter this time. Hubby was home so I made a poached egg on sourdough wholegrain toast for breakfast. Also had 2 mandarin oranges. I made a batch of honey spice snap cookies and sent most of them back to work with hubby and the rest (after I ate 5) are in the freezer.

Reheated chicken sweet'n'sour on rice for lunch. And had some peas and grapes. I spent much of the day on the computer trying to get our broadband internet server new homebase email working. Issues. And I don't think they're all solved now.

Reheated a bowl of chili at supper. Had an apple. I spent way too much time sitting around today. It's not good for my head OR my back. Or my butt. Off now to clean the kitchen (again), fold laundry, and read for a bit.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Ooh, yum, is the sourdough wholegrain recipe on the old forum by any chance? I hope, I hope? :)

Valerie Comer said...

Um...no?

It seemed to me as though both yeast dough AND sourdough might be beyond the scope of many of our forummers.

If anyone besides EJ is interested, I'll post it up here. Otherwise, I'll email EJ directly in a few days.

And on that topic, any ideas on what I should do with the forum? Is it worth me continuing to expand it from time to time? Revamp it? Take it down?

Wendy said...

Have you added stuff in the last couple of months? I hadn't been for a while and there are some recipes I don't recognize. Looks like I need to have another walk through!

Valerie Comer said...

I'm hanging my head in shame. No, I haven't added anything for quite awhile. I sort of abandoned it.

I think about it sometimes. Does that count?

Seems like the place might need some reorganizing to be most useful and that takes so much time. I seem to be an all-or-nothing kind of person!

Wendy said...

I'm all or nothing, too. Totally understand. I'd suggest letting some of us that you "know" contribute our favorite recipes, but most of mine don't fit the GI profile.

Jean said...

I find the organization just fine.

No need to be ashamed. As the saying goes, jump in where you are. You're not behind. :)

Valerie Comer said...

LOL and thanks, Jean.