Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday, October 24

So, mega fog in the morning and my neighbor decided not to walk. So I went on the treadmill. I have to say its a better workout--you KNOW when you're slowing down! Soon it will be too dark in the mornings anyway...fog or not. Brekkie: porridge with apple and raisins and honey and banana and vanilla yogurt. And mocha to go. (Think of that like the refrain: and a partridge in a pear tree.)

Lunch: salad and sausage and leftover mac'n'cheese. Snack: peas, 2 oranges. Stopped at the grocery store after work and ate grapes while I made supper: beef stir-fry with onions, mushrooms (from our field), carrots, broccoli, and bean sprouts. The only pre-marinated steak they had (who me, plan ahead?) was a sundried tomato basil sauce, which wasn't really right for an asian style stir-fry. I discovered that fat-free Italian dressing squirted over the stir-fry turned out pretty good.

We're prepping to ship calves Thursday morning which took a chunk of the evening. Banana milkshake and cleaned the kitchen. I've finally got all my soup and bean jars washed, labeled, and put down in the cellar.

This week is master bedroom week. You know what? I need to go through the Christmas decoration boxes in the back of my closet and that's about it.

No comments: