Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday, October 8

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians that read this blog. Which is probably no one, but anyway... :P

So my day off...and up at 6:20 to drive over to pick up hubby. Thanks to the Georgie-cat for waking Hanna up so she came with me for the ride. I took a mocha along and we stopped at Tim Horton's for breakfast: bagel breakfast sandwich. When we got home I put the turkey in the oven and started soup for lunch, then Hanna and I went for a walk. Came back and stretched out on the floor for awhile to work the kinks out of my back.

Lunch: homemade chicken soup with garbanzons, kidney beans, tomatoes, carrots, spices. And a piece of sourdough toast. By the time we'd cleaned up from lunch, hubby was awake (sort of) and we drove out to one of our favorite walking trails along a dike (separates a boggy lake from the river). Came home, had some peas and grapes (so I could take pain drugs without them bouncing!) and got rolling on the rest of turkey dinner. Hanna did roasted veggies (beets, yams, carrots, parsnips, and fennel) in a vinaigrette. I'd made Bonnie's rice stuffing recipe in the turkey (it's on the forum) and I will definitely make that again; we all really liked it a lot. I made a small pot of mashed potatoes because you just need them with turkey gravy. And we had apple waldorf salad (also on the forum). Tasty and pretty dinner!

Because I don't really have a dining area right now, the four of us sat around our little drop-leaf table in a slightly too-small area. I'd brought home my mother's china back in spring and dug out the dinner and dessert plates for tonight. What's the point of having china if you never use it? I'm looking forward to being able to display it on day relatively soon.

We cleaned the kitchen--that took a while!--and then enjoyed the pumpkin pie before the kids headed back over the mountain to home. I did up the dishes (again) with the dessert dishes and the roasting pans that had been soaking. Decided the self-cleaning oven needed running so turned it on. (There's nothing like turkey to make the oven need a good cleaning!) Then I read my email and discovered that FlyLady's zone task for Monday was washing out the kitchen garbage can. It needed emptying anyway so I did the task.

Now I'm looking forward to a bit more surfing on the net and then a good long back stretch on the floor. After Curves on Thursday, Ball class on Friday, driving to C and back Saturday, the folding chairs at sis's Sunday, and doing the trip again Monday, I'm feeling a bit sore again. But it'll all be good. I'm sure.

No comments: