Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday, October 19

When I woke up it was pouring rain. It would have been easy to shut the alarm off, but I knew my neighbors were back from their trip. But then she's sick and still not walking, but by then I was up and out and it was only misting. So. I walked. I really need a new breakfast plan. Had 2 slices of toast with a sliced banana, and 2 oranges mid morning (after the mocha).

I was pretty sore today after that massage. I finally had control of the family wheels for a few hours so needed to go grocery shopping. It was almost too much effort but...I did it. Yay for fresh produce again.Though we had poached eggs on toast for lunch.

Hubby spent the afternoon setting up the laptop to wireless so I spent my afternoon alternating between staying out of his way and helping him. Ran some laundry, did some reading (having completed Susan Cooper's The Grey King I have moved on to Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey). Spent some time on the floor.

For supper I cooked up a large batch of chicken thighs (sort of fried chicken but without the oil) in the electric frying pan and some fries in the toaster oven. (Hubby hasn't had a chance to work through the oven yet.) We also had a large tossed salad. After he headed out to the apartment I cleaned the kitchen, watered plants, did mirrors etc and tidied up. I'm putting off the vacuuming for Saturday. Hubby left me the laptop (yay!) so I hope to get some actual writing work accomplished as well. Now I've just enjoyed an apple and am headed for the floor for awhile with my book and then off to bed perchance to sleep. My evening routine is done but for that.

No comments: