Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday, October 20

Went for my morning walk and decided to take at least a stab at FlyLady's missions for the week (bathroom) by scrubbing the grout while I was in the shower! Then I cleaned the rest of the bathroom including the floor and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast: porridge with raisins and tofu, banana, honey, and vanilla yogurt. And an apple afterwards!

My plan for the day was to make use of the laptop hubby had so kindly left me. And FlyLady says you can do anything for fifteen minutes. So I set the timer for 45 minutes and started a novel-length critique (ensconced in the recliner with mocha and laptop), then 15 minutes getting a load of laundry in. 45 minutes working on a synopsis, 15 minutes doing housework. 45 minutes on the family calendar, 15 on housework. Etc. So I got a lot accomplished on many fronts. As far as housework, got the dusting and vacuuming done, put kidney beans and garbanzo beans on to soak, got the turkey broth out of the freezer, made a humungous batch of soup for canning, and canned the beans that didn't land in the soup. Canning the soup itself will be left for tomorrow.

I had chili and toast for lunch, carrot sticks for snack, toast and leftover chicken for supper, 2 oranges. Off to read awhile before bed

No comments: