Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday, October 23

A walk with my neighbor in deep fog, breakfast: porridge with raisins, honey, banana, vanilla yogurt. Mocha to go.

Other than keeping up the fruits and veggies, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the Glycemic Index today, hubby's birthday. He wanted bacon and eggs for lunch with whole grain toast. I took peas, 2 oranges and an apple for snack, though!

We ate dinner out; I had a pulled pork sandwich with a tossed salad. And yay! We finally got our truck back out of the shop and it is running SOOOO nice! :) (It better be for the small fortune it cost us.) Hubby and I went to a glass pendant class in the evening. Because my oven is still broke down (waiting for parts there) I made his favorite dessert in the toaster oven when we got back from the class, a butterscotch dessert that cooks into a cake with sauce. It's definitely not GI friendly so he doesn't get it too often! Cleaned the kitchen, done the basic evening routine, and calling it a day.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

mmm, that butterscotch whatever sounds yummy!

Valerie Comer said...

Sad but true!