Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday, October 7

Got up, went for a walk, and made breakfast: a smoothie of banana, raspberries, tofu and yogurt over porridge. Because of my unplanned trip yesterday, I'd added flour and water to my sourdough starter several times and this morning turned it into bread dough. I played with a new story idea while cleaning the bathroom, running the vacuum, and finishing up the laundry.

I fixed Glory Bowl for lunch, then baked a tofu pumpkin pie for Monday's Thanksgiving dinner; the bread went through the oven right behind it. Handful of peas for snack, then over to hubby's sis's for the extended family Tday dinner where I got to hold my five week old niece and eat (too much) turkey dinner: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, yams and a whole wheat bun (like I needed THAT added...) and a piece of pumpkin pie.

Folding chairs are not the greatest for my back and there were too many people there to secure a *better* seat so I came home a bit early, badly needing to stretch out on the floor. Finished reading Over Sea, Under Stone from that vantage point--and with a cat stretched out on my torso, purring away.

The laundry is all put away, the kitchen is clean, the prep for turkey dinner is done for tonight, and the bread sliced and frozen. Just waiting now for our daughter and son-in-law to arrive for what's left of the long weekend. Thinking of getting up at six thirty and driving to pick up hubby has me yawning already.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Isn't it amazing how cats enjoy the pillows our torsos become for them?