Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday, September 30

I slept in again this morning, but it seems to have helped keep that cold from taking over. Still an occasional sneeze, but I can live with this. I walked to the end of the road and back, then fixed porridge with apple, and had it with a banana and vanilla yogurt. I did a bit of research on the internet, then made myself a mocha and began dealing with the canner full of chicken bones. I made part into vegetable barley soup and had some for lunch. (Meanwhile hubby came home from night shifts and crashed on the couch.)

I spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen, canning two canner loads (14 quart jars) of soup. While the bobber bobbed I began reading the second book of the Mars Hill Classified Trilogy by Austin Boyd (The Proof). Meanwhile I munched on peas and two Wasa crackers with garlic cream cheese and a handful of dates.

For supper I fixed stuffed pork chops (apple, onion, bread crumbs, seasonings). I bought these really thick chops a few weeks ago and so this has been on my menu every week for the last three (grin) and I finally made them. They were kinda fun but not perfect. Oh, we also had salad and corn. (So does that mean the menu works? Eventually?)

While I was cleaning the kitchen (a real chore today, trust me...) hubby received a phone call regarding the application we submitted nearly a year ago for high speed internet. The guy will be here tomorrow morning!!!!! Glad hubby *happens* to be home for this. Wow, I can hardly believe we'll soon actually be untied from the phone line.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah high speed! You'll never want to go back to dial-up, trust me! My parents have it, and it's fine for what they do, but it's painful for me to check mail when I'm visiting.

Karenee said...

Wow. Congrats on the new connection!

Valerie Comer said...

It's not like staying on dial-up this long was something we CHOSE to do! However, it is not a thing of the past and with any luck at all, will soon be forgotten.