Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monday, September 24

My neighbor called to say she wasn't able to walk with me this week due to company, but she really wants to again next week. So, I went by myself. Came back and had porridge with apple and some frozen raspberries in it with yogurt. (You can sing the encore already: and the mocha went to work with me).

At lunchtime I heated a jar of beef/ veggie/ barley soup. Starting to run low on canned soups so will have to have a marathon or two yet this fall. It's so nice to just be able to pop a jar open and have home-made soup. Anyway I took peas and carrots to work for snack (out of grapes). And had chocolate.

We went out for supper; I had the pulled pork sandwich (with carmelized onions) and a tossed salad. Our truck is showing signs of imminent transmission failure so we did much talking, trying to figure out what our options are and whether any of our options are any good. Bleh. None are cheap, that's for sure.

When we got home I did the FlyLady mission: took everything off my dresser. It wasn't cluttered, but I dusted it and washed the mirror and thought about what to display on it and changed it up some. It is a pine dresser with a warm finish and I had a couple of wooden doo-dads on it: a carved oblong dish from Senegal and a round covered container from Bolivia. I moved those to a shelf that isn't wood and moved the displaced items to the dresser: a ceramic elephant Hanna made in kindergarten, two (black) carved elephants from Senegal, one jade elephant (local) and two colorful little ceramic Quechua women. This group shows off against the wood better. So I put my legs up on a stack of pillows on the bed, laid on my back, and contemplated the room to think what all could be done in there this week.

Went back downstairs, made a banana milkshake, and cleaned the kitchen.

Wish the stupid truck would just fix itself. I hate spending money on vehicles.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

I completely agree on the vehicle thing. Currently our "new" Daewoo is threatening us. We put in a whole bunch of cheap parts and switched out the gas filter and are running some sort of cleaner through the engine, but it still doesn't like to accelerate at all. Once it's up to speed, it runs fine though. *shrug* Cars,... can't live with 'em, can't figure 'em out.

Anyhow, hope some sort of solution comes your way. God's good at sneaking up on us with His surprises, so maybe He has one up His sleeve.

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks. I'd like them at least to run until they're paid for. Is that too much to ask?