Friday, September 28, 2007

Thursday, September 27

Have you noticed it is almost the end of September? Where do all the used up days go, anyway?

So, I got up, went for a walk, had the shower and the brekkie (porridge with apple, banana, yogurt, and mocha-to-go).

First stop of the morning was the follow-up doctor's appointment in which I found out that my weight issues are all my own and cannot be blamed on thyroid problems. I haven't been to Curves for a couple weeks now so haven't weighed myself; I'll have to stop by and do that soon, just for record-keeping. Doc suggests that I had better steer away from high impact exercising. No more running, for example. He thinks I should concentrate on building up my core muscles, which is something I've become aware of recently anyway and have started focusing on.

I need to really think about the movements at Curves and decide if it is going to continue to meet my needs or if I'm better off dropping out and saving myself forty bucks a month. Which I will probably spend elsewhere. The rec center has some low impact workouts listed, for example. Really, other than the thyroid question being answered, I don't feel it was a particularly helpful discussion.

At lunch time I went home, being as I still have a sick hubby there (who now has the bathroom taps taken apart to fix the leaks and then finds out that he can't get the parts in this town. So no sink taps for a few days, yay.) Normally I would send most of the leftovers (planned-overs) to the apartment with him but...decided we had too many now being as he's been home all week. So I reheated a couple servings of the pork roast supper. Brought peas and grapes to work for snack.

After work we test-drove a truck. I am rebelling. I want to stick my head in the sand and when it comes out, I want our truck to work right and my bank account to look the same. I am absolutely freaking out over this. So I try not to think about it. Which is hard to do when you're test-driving trucks.

Came home and pulled the last of the mini meat-loaves out of the freezer and reheated them alongside yammy fries, and ate salad while it all baked. Had a piece of chocolate-chip cake.

Discussions of vehicles, what we would use the farm for if we sold all the cattle, and trying to load RealPlayer on my Palm took up the remainder of the evening. I did the evening routine, including the back stretches.

Not only do I want the truck issues to be fixed when I wake up, I could do without this stupid cold, also.

4 comments:

Jean said...

The cold will pass. Unfortunately, all the ways I can think of for the truck problem to fix itself, are not good options.

Valerie Comer said...

Maybe somebody could crash into it and total it when no one's inside it? That's about the only one I can think of!

And I'm mostly holding off the cold...

Jean said...

How did that stray comma get in there?

Your thought is one of the options I came up with. Good luck keeping the cold on the run.

Wendy said...

I totally understand the thyroid disappointment. I've been hounding docs for a decade or more about mine; my dad has been on synthroid my whole life. So far they keep telling me it's fine, but I've some extra stubborn pounds, too.