Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tuesday, September 25

Went for a walk first thing. I don't know if I've ever seen a rainbow before the sun comes up in the morning before. Obviously the sun was shining on the mountains to the west, but it looked very cool. Had plums and Fiber One and vanilla yogurt for breakfast. Mocha to go.

For lunch I had the leftover beef soup and some toast. Grapes from my sis-in-law's vines for snack. MMM. After work I stopped off at the grocery store for a serious shop, so now I'm restocked on goodness. I'd put a pork roast in the crockpot in the morning (on onions, apples, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, garlic, and a few plums) so supper was waiting when I got home. We also had a tossed salad (and later, a banana milkshake). Hubby was due to leave for work after supper but he called in sick--he's got a major cold.

Instead of cleaning anything, we made a mess. The ballasts in the bathroom florescent were flickering so hubby bought some pot lights to replace it with. Of course now it isn't as bright, but it is more flattering light. I did clean up the kitchen and did my evening routine.

3 comments:

Jean said...

That pork roast for the crock pot sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try. (Lean ground beef and a nice cut of pork are my meat weaknesses. I love them.)

Valerie Comer said...

The meat was a little dry, though I'd pan-fried it before putting it in the slow cooker. Jim thought the meat should have been fattier to start with! :P I'd try it with applesauce rather than apple pieces next time. The flavors worked well together though.

Jean said...

I think you're onto something with the applesauce. That moisture would cook into the meat nicely.