Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wednesday, September 26

The morning routine is pretty well in place, methinks. At least on work days. Got up, went for a walk, shower, breakfast of plums, Fiber One, and vanilla yogurt. Mocha to work. At lunch we had leftover hamburger stew from earlier in the week. Grapes for afternoon snack (from my sis-in-law's vines, most excellent!)

Hubby was home--sick and restless. He decided to make me a treat of a chocolate chip layer cake, complete with butterscotch filling between the layers and chocolate chip glaze over the top. Oh calories where art thou? So, yes, I had a piece. He's been making serious inroads on the cake so the temptation shouldn't be there much longer. I *may* get a second slice Thursday. Or not.

Had a tossed salad for supper, then wild & brown rice and beef ribs in a hot mesquite marinade. Probably a bit too fatty, but the taste was pretty nice. A banana milkshake later, towards bedtime.

I hadn't done the zone cleaning Tuesday, so doubled up Wednesday. The top of my nightstand has only what's needed on it: lamp, clock/ radio/ telephone, hand lotion. Jim's is equally clear: lamp, clock, and a ceramic egg that he keeps stuff in. Dusted both of them off, then went through all three drawers of mine and tossed some stuff, reorganized other stuff. His nightstand has one drawer and a shelf; the drawer hasn't gotten cluttered since last time I cleaned it out, and the shelf has over-sized books on it. It's dusted now and good to go. Then I emptied the garbage and continued with my decluttering of magazines. My goal is to get rid of about half of my old decorating mags, which I honestly do still look through and get ideas from. However, I'm thinking that anything prior to 1997 had better have a darn good reason for remaining in my house! (Don't laugh, a few were pre-1990!) I did the mags while I did my back stretches--yay for two birds with one stone.

Finished up the evening routine and to bed at a decent time. It's funny cause I'm sleeping better at night, but I'm more exhausted earlier in the evening. The kind of tired where I just can't keep my eyes open another minute.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

You're sleeping! Yay!

Valerie Comer said...

Heh. Sleeping BETTER anyway. Only waking up once or twice, and sometimes not even having to get up. It's goodness.