Friday, September 21, 2007

Thursday, September 20

Got up and went for a walk with my neighbor, Hannah. Came back and made a breakfast of porridge with apple, banana and yogurt. Took the mocha to work.

For the first time in, what, two weeks?, I felt like I had a brain of sorts. And much less fog. What a relief. Still needed the pain drugs but it all seemed much more manageable. I took an extended lunch break and made a beef/ roasted tomato/ pasta soup for lunch (with a piece of toast) and got to spend a bit of time with hubby before he headed back to the mines (and me to work). Had peas and grapes for afternoon snack. And some chocolate.

It was my in-laws' 49th anniversary and the clan got together for take-out at their house. FIL had knee replacement surgery a couple weeks back so they're still fairly house-bound. Anyway, I took over a tossed salad which I had a large bowl of, but then also had two pieces of chicken and some fries. And corn-on-the-cob. And a glass of Zinfindel (and thought of Karen).

Even though I'd had a really good day, by then I'd had enough verticalness and so went home (across the yard) to lie down. Went to bed quite early. Just couldn't keep my eyes open.

Haven't done ANY of the FlyLady zone missions this week at all. Maybe Friday afternoon, being as I won't be working. We'll see. I'm just so thankful to finally be feeling a little better.

No comments: