Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday, September 3

So, started the day with soaked oats, a peach, and vanilla yogurt and surfed the web while making my mocha linger as looooooong as I possibly could because I knew there was a lot of work waiting for me. Behold, I was right!

I would like to point that FlyLady's zone cleaning for the day was to sweep the porch area around my front door. And I did. It just took a couple hours to FIND the floor to sweep it. And hubby is going to freak out over some of the stuff I hauled into the shop, but really...he needs to put his stuff away himself if he cares. I've been patient.

Then I came in and heated some of that clam chowder for lunch. And remembered I needed to up the veggie content of my life so peeled and ate a carrot while I mixed some version of baked beans into the crock pot before heading into the entryway. Hauled the recycling to the truck. The curtains I thumb-tacked up over a shelving unit were dirty so I took them down and hucked them through the wash. Then removed all the stuff, vacuumed the cobwebs and dust, then wiped down the shelves, then replaced the stuff. Well, and tossed some of it. Tacked the clean curtains back up. Discovered part of the entryway floor. Washed the floor I found.

Had three Wasa crackers with smoked salmon cream cheese and a handful of peas before heading to town to drop off the recycling and go to my massage.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Then I picked up a jerry can of gas for the lawnmower on my way home but could not convince myself that mowing the lawn right after a massage was a good idea. So I didn't.

Had a large salad for supper, followed by two bowls of baked beans. Yeah, one would likely have been enough but it was soooooo good. Catching up online now and then shutting it down for the evening. Still have to clean the kitchen (again), do my brekkie prep for tomorrow and the rest of my evening routine before settling down to read. Which I think I will do with a handful of cherries.

Hubbie will be home latish for his 24-hour split.

I'm tired. But by golly the porch and entry look a thousand times better than two days ago.

2 comments:

Jean said...

What a day! I washed my front door and was AMAZED at how much better it looked.

Instead of a chalky blue, it's now an amazing blue-gray.

Valerie Comer said...

Now I'm feeling guilty for not washing my door. Okay not really. It was brand new in March and still has the plastic on it! (Is that as bad as plastic on lampshades?) We don't want to peel it off til we're ready to paint it, and we can't pick the color til we've picked the siding.

Am I off the hook? :P