Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday, September 22

As I suspected, I wasn't all that happy to come down the stairs this morning, knowing the kitchen hadn't been cleaned. Still, I started with my walk, shower, and breakfast: cherries, yogurt, and All Bran. I got dressed and tackled the kitchen: dishes and hot spots. Vacuumed the floors on the main floor and started the laundry. I had just decided I deserved a break when hubby arrived home from night shifts. I laid on the floor and talked to him for a bit, then made myself a mocha and checked email, etc.

He seemed to be sound asleep so I heated a bowl of soup for my lunch (with a piece of toast) and then tackled the bathroom. (Yes, it did all FEEL like tackling!) I spent over an hour in there, vacuuming the ceiling and walls, taking items off the high deco shelf and washing everything down, washing the mini blind, putting towels and bath mat through the washer, sorting through items in the drawers, spritzing down the tub walls, and finally, washing the floor. The room is pretty darn clean.

Then I took stuff out of the freezer for supper and read HP7 for awhile (while snacking on peas and 2 wasa crackers with chocolate cream cheese). I made stew with lean ground beef and lots of veggies for supper and woke hubby up. Dishes are done, banana milkshakes are drank, and the evening routine is well under way.

Much better.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Tough day, but you're back on schedule. Go you!

Drawers. I haven't started on those yet. I have several hot spots I haven't tackled yet, either, but I'll get to them.

I'm keeping it at the pace where it's fun and doesn't impinge on the rest of my life. That seems to be working.

Valerie Comer said...

I have a number of hot spots still gathering, too. Keeping it at a fun pace, as you're doing, is a challenge for me. I tend to be all or nothing. I'm really trying to learn this one though.

Jean said...

I see we're rolling back to the master bedroom this week. That's mostly where I started, so I'm looking forward to more incremental progress.

I just ordered timers, a HeyTom Car Duster, and the calendar (getting ready for hubby and I to get in the same house eventually). I confess I don't use the timer much, but that's because I have my writing timer set on 10 minutes. I know. It doesn't make sense...

Valerie Comer said...

So you're thinking 10 minutes isn't the same thing as 15 minutes? Really? Wow. :P