Monday, September 17, 2007

Saturday & Sunday, September 15-16

So it was a weekend again. My head is kind of fuzzy as to what all took place. I know I got up Saturday, went for a walk (hands planted firmly in the pockets--that feels so strange!), and had Fiber One, a peach, and vanilla yogurt for brekkie. I did Friday's zone mission, cleaning out under the kitchen sink, and also completed the week's laundry. Knowing I would regret it...but I did it anyway...I washed all the windows on the main floor of the house. Really it is only six windows and they badly needed doing from the outside. Who knows how many more nice days we will have?

Then I spent awhile on my back on the floor. I am so thankful to my massage therapist for showing me that position and insisting I do it daily. It takes so much stress off it isn't funny. Fifteen minutes on my back and I can manage life again. We had tomato sandwiches for lunch.

Jim and I drove to the next town over which is big enough to have a Staples. The main goal was to find me a better computer desk chair for at work. I *tried on* a couple dozen chairs and then we narrowed them all down to three and finally settled on one. I looked for an online picture but can't find it, but really, it's *just* a gray leather desk chair with padding in all the right places. I'd have preferred fabric, actually, but was purchasing strictly on fit. We also purchased a under-mount keyboard tray for the at-home desk. We went out for dinner at Mr. Mike's, where I had a steak sandwich (minus the garlic bread, which I normally love but it wasn't really toasted --wasn't really WARM--so it was easy to pass on), fries, and a salad. And the green beans off Jim's plate, which were too squeaky for him and therefore just how I like them! :P

The ride in the car wasn't the easiest thing, but the Obus form helped. Jim uses the seat part and I use the back part. Part way home he asked if I was up to a little side trip. There was a dirt road he'd always wanted to explore. Of course we have the car, not the truck, when he decides that! It was very bumpy, but so worth it as we discovered a great camping site along the river. We were there just at dusk and it was very peaceful. A wonderful interlude.

When we got home I stretched out on the floor again while Jim assembled the chair and mounted the keyboard tray. All I can say is this should make a big difference. And that he is wonderful. We had a strawberry milkshake before bed.

In the morning I went for a walk and had the same breakfast. We decided to go to church which apparently was a bad idea, even sitting on chairs at the back (rather than the wooden pews). I stood up for awhile...and there was just no way it was going to work so we came home. After awhile on my back I heated a jar of soup for lunch (beef bean barley), then spent time in the recliner with heat on my back. I can hardly believe how half an hour in a stupid bad chair was THAT bad.

Later on we went outside and I *helped* Jim pick plums. Apparently he is making a batch of Zinfindel (spelling?) this fall. I washed the plums and he halved them all and put them in bags in the freezer.

I did a beef pot roast (with potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions, and garlic) for supper. I made us a plum cobbler later which made him very happy! Another round on the floor and I managed to get the kitchen clean before collapsing in bed.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

Aaah! I want some! Zinfindel, that is. I totally need to live closer to you guys. You're always doing fun stuff.

Valerie Comer said...

You know you're always welcome to come visit! ;;)