Friday, September 07, 2007

Thursday, September 6

Wow it has been a crazy week with the reshuffling of Forward Motion from Jatol to its new host. That's been a little stressful, being as I hang out in chat with some of the folks integral to the move. All seems well this morning.

Thursday I went for a bike ride first thing. I'd been a bit lazy getting out of bed but remembered FlyLady and decided that the time I had left was better used cycling than not, so I went. For some reason I didn't pay as much attention to the weather as usual and wound up biking home against the wind, so I got a serious workout in the 30 minutes I had. Then I had soaked oats, a peach, and vanilla yogurt for breakfast and got myself out the door to work with my mocha.

Spent the morning helping to trouble-shoot the transfered forums, finding bugs for Mar to fix. A client came in with a box of doughnuts. Why do they do that? The guys really won't eat them, and they were for all of us. I'd bent over backwards for her too. I opened the box. Six doughnuts. My very favorite, a maple glaze, right on top. Yeah I ate it.

Hubby was home by lunchtime; I went home and made a salmon pasta salad, adding peas and celery. Took more peas and grapes back for snack. Had another doughnut later. Why? Why do I shoot myself in the foot? Honestly, I haven't had doughnuts in years. They're not even my favorite splurge. The rest have been disposed of.

For supper we had garden-fresh veggies--potatoes, corn, green beans--and ground beef patties. Very healthy! ;) Then I tried to can more peaches but gave up. They're just crappy peaches. Too many were going from green to rotten without bothering with my favorite stage, ripe.

I did my evening routine and went to bed. Bleh. I need to do better.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I'm not fond of doughnuts either, but if I eat one, a dozen can disappear. I usually just stay away from them. That's tough to do when the customers are trying to be thoughtful and bring them in.

You showed remarkable restraint.

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks Jean. Some days I seem fond of shooting myself in the foot. For what reason, I have no idea.