Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Monday, July 30

I was all gung-ho to do Aquafit with more regularity, like catching all three mornings per week it is offered. Until I met the drill sargeant of a substitute instructor and she nearly killed me. Seriously. My arthritic neck didn't like the non-stop pace and my upper back was really sore all day long. Sadly I think I will pass on more Aquafit with Brooke. Nicole should be back next week. As will I.

I'd brought soaked oats, cherries, and vanilla yogurt to work for breakfast as well as two banana muffins and a mocha. I was still starved by lunchtime. Hubby came to town and we ate out (so much for writing menus for the week.) I had a Meditteranean style grilled chicken burger (chicken, spinach, feta, lettuce, tomato, sauce) and a side salad with Ranch.

Things are starting to slip on FlyLady's zones at my house. We went up to the beach to cool off when I got home. Then hubby was all excited about the new propane *tree* we'd bought for camping that can hook up our little barbecue, camp stove, and light onto one propane bottle. Then we cooked supper outside: barbecued chicken legs on the barbecue and yammy fries in the toaster oven out on the porch. Should have served salad but didn't quite get there; I was pretty sore and reading in the hammock while supper cooked. It actually got down to a decent temperature outdoors by late evening.

Then I tidied up, put the last of the laundry away, and hubby and I made some lists for the upcoming camping trip. By the time I'd finished cleaning the kitchen (yay me) and served our banana milkshakes I was dog-gone tired. I've been sleeping very poorly, and the night before I hadn't slept even that much, so Monday night I took a sedative to try to catch up even a little.

I need the heat to go away.

No comments: