Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday, July 29

It seems as though exercising first thing is well on its way to becoming a habit. Finally. I tried to stay in bed and talk myself into rolling over and catching more zzzzzs but just couldn't rest. So I hopped on the bike and went for a 45 minute ride. Came back, showered, had Fiber One with raspberries and vanilla yogurt and a mocha while I checked out the internet.

Did the bathroom swish and swipe and then tidied up a few hot spots. When hubby got up (that recuperating from night shifts is a killer every time) he wanted breakfast and my body thought it was lunchtime. This is a problem with my menu planning! :P So I made scrambled eggs with lots of veggies in--onion, pepper, carrots, broccoli--and a bit of bacon. I also had one slice whole grain toast (margarine).

Then we hit the road for over the mountain and visiting my mom in the nursing home and my two sisters (one of whom is visiting from Ontario). We brought Mom over to my sister's house for supper. Sis (who is skinny!) made a fairly low GI beef stew for supper and served it with a tossed salad and baguettes, of which I had too much. The meal was topped up with a home-made blueberry/ raspberry flan (all berries from her garden). We dropped Mom back to the nursing home and headed back over the mountain to home.

Did the evening routines to get ready for Monday, a snack of cherries, then off to bed.

No comments: