Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wednesday, July 4

So far so good.

I got up before 7 this morning in an effort to be at the local outdoor swimming pool by 7:45. You have to understand, I'm no swimmer. I've had one set of lessons in my life, and didn't learn much. I'm not keen on getting my eyes and nose in the water. However, I can propel myself through the water, even though it isn't all that graceful.

(My hubby swims like a fish and thankfully the kids learned from him. Our daughter currently makes her living as a lifeguard; our son got nearly as many basic lessons as she did.)

So I swam for about half an hour, and it was certainly aerobic even though I stopped to rest at the end of every length. I have no idea how many lengths I swam, but I feel like I got a decent workout.

My breakfast today was the same as yesterday: fruit salad, Fiber One cereal, and vanilla yogurt. The mocha accompanies me to work.

I wasn't expecting hubby home for lunch so that caught me off-guard, and I needed to pick up groceries but didn't have time until after work. Scrounging what was in the house, I had a multi-grain roll with a fried egg, a piece of bacon, and a couple slices of cheddar. Not an ideal lunch, for sure. I had a handful of peas and some fresh cherries in the afternoon, along with my two pieces of chocolate. (Had a stressful customer today and NEEDED that chocolate!)

Supper: a large salad with all kinds of goodies and a steak (6-8 ounces).

As I write, the dishes are done and the house is tidy. We're waiting for our daughter and son-in-law to arrive, so I'm not sure what we'll have for bedtime snack. Probably fruit and fat-and-sugar-free ice cream. (Western Classics is a good brand!)

The alarm is set for 6:30. What I do in the morning depends on if I can talk my daughter into getting up and exercising with me before I go to work and they head out to look for a place to rent a couple towns over. It'll be a bike ride or a Curves workout most likely.

Other than the cranky customer, I feel good about today. I even got a bit of creative writing in first thing at work this morning.

No comments: