Saturday, July 21, 2007

Friday & Saturday, July 20-21

Friday morning after a quick breakfast (soaked oats, fruit salad, vanilla yogurt) I headed to Curves for a workout. Weighed in at 144#. This does not make me happy. I really really want to get back below 140 and stay there. I'm hunting for that massive DRIVE I had last year to do whatever it takes. I'm scared.

Had my mocha at work. Hubby arrived home from his out-of-town job around noon. We had toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches for lunch on flax & sunflower bread. (I think last summer I was smart enough to skip the bacon.) I had a handful of cherries later in the afternoon, but I spent most of the day reading Relentless by Robin Parrish (I think you'd like it, Jean!)

For supper we had wing-style hot chicken thighs, spicy fries (I only had a few, but still...) and tossed garden salad. Later in the evening I took a break from my book to clean the kitchen and make banana shakes for snack. And then I finished the book.

Today, Saturday, is usually my laundry day and I had a fair bit of it being as hubby's laundry day coincided (he works an 8-day rotation so it doesn't always). It's done and put away. For breakfast I had fruit salad, Fiber One, and vanilla yogurt...and my mocha.

My main cleaning task for the day was the camper which I worked at on and off all day. I'd emptied the basics last week when we got home, but hubby had left the door window open on the back roads and everything was covered with dust requiring a ceiling to floor wipe down. That's done; the curtains have been through the laundry. We're not going camping for a couple of weeks but it is now ready to re-load.

We were in town at lunchtime and ate out. I had a Mediterranean-style chicken burger that was quite tasty, along with a garden salad (Ranch). And about five or six of hubby's French fries (gravy). We bought a hammock and set it up when we got home. That'll be nice! Also my swimsuit finally arrived and it fits well.

Snacked on cherries and then the leftover thighs from yesterday's supper before we went up to the beach for a brief cooling swim. We didn't stay long (it's not as hot as it was last week!) but I tried to stay active, doing jumping jacks and stuff in the water to call it *exercise*.

At supper we grilled a beef tenderloin and had it with Garlicky Green Beans (recipe on forum). Since supper I've cleaned the kitchen and taken another swipe through the bathroom. FlyLady's routine next week will focus on another area of the house, and I wanted to make sure the bathroom looked really good before switching gears. Even though the last couple of days I haven't done much in the house besides the kitchen, I'm pretty pleased with the FlyLady routines so far. I think the house, over all, is cleaner and I feel more on top of things. Yay!

In a bit we'll have a snack. The banana milkshakes are pretty much guilt-free being as I use non-fat ice cream and yogurt, both sweetened with Splenda as well as skim milk.

No comments: