Monday, July 16, 2007

The Weekend- July 13-15

I really don't want to talk about this weekend! I left the kitchen clean (and the house sort of clean) when we left for camping late Friday afternoon. And there isn't much to keeping a camper clean.

It's the food I don't want to talk about. I bought junk food and ate junk food--along with some real food, of course. Chips, cookies, pop...I was bad. And I got little or no exercise. It was WAAAAAY too hot. We took the bikes along and I went for a short ride Friday evening, but the hill gets steep too close to the campsite and I'm not up for hills.

I don't know how many calories shocking oneself with ice cold water uses up, but I did that a whole bunch of times. It was really hot--didn't have a thermometer along but I'm betting close to 100 Fahrenheit if not over--and so that creek, just barely off the glacier, was the only way to cool down. Hubby figured he could cool down enough wading in the creek and fishing--and pulling a creek-soaked tshirt over his head. Me, somehow I needed the whole submersion thing. Multiple times. (Photos coming to the main blog).

Got home Sunday afternoon and mowed the lawn. Yeech, hot at home too. When will we get some rain?

Did my basic night routine, left the kitchen clean at bedtime. On to a new track for the week to make up for my weekend backsliding!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a great time. I've been better about making sure the sink is empty and wiped down at night for the last week. Yes, it does feel better to do that.

Valerie Comer said...

Glad to see my reformation is infectious! :)