Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tuesday, July 17

Just so's you know, I'm still hanging out with FlyLady. It's going pretty well, all things considered, though last night I felt (again) like I spent way too much time cleaning. I hate that, but it's getting better. And if it isn't getting better, don't tell me. I don't want my bubble burst. I'm not sleeping well due to the heat. That isn't helping to put a bounce in my step.

So. Tuesday. I went for a bike ride for about 45 minutes, starting about 7 am. It's already pretty warm then, but I can pedal fast enough to stir up a bit of breeze so that helps. I'd planned ahead better for breakfast and mixed half cup of large rolled oats with a third cup of milk (and a dash of salt) in the evening and left it in the fridge overnight. So I had that with the fruit salad and vanilla yogurt. The Fiber One is a really good cereal with a lot of fiber, but honestly, plain rolled oats is *purer*. To say nothing of cheaper. Mocha-to-go and I was off to work.

At lunchtime I ran errands--such as the pop cans and flavored water bottles that build up in the corner of the porch. It seems the bottle depot operates very similar hours to what I work which means that although the boxes had been packed for a couple weeks, I hadn't had (or made) the chance to drop them off. A whole $4.45, lol, for probably six months' worth. Ah well. It's out of the house and the area is ready for more. Hubby goes through more in the summer. Honestly, it is mostly him. I can't justify the calories in coke (my favorite pop) and can't handle the aftertaste of diet coke.

Lunch--way back in spring I'd canned a huge batch of black bean soup in pint jars so I ate one of those at lunch, plus snap peas and cherries. Chocolate later. I'm trying for two full water bottles (750 ml each) at work every day in this heat and I misplaced the bottle in the afternoon; finally found it in the back garage. I have to keep better track!

When I got home from work I spent 15 minutes weeding an area I'd watered the night before (to soften it up!). How can the weeds grow so well when the other stuff is dying from heat? Then I went inside and did my Bathroom Zone cleaning. Honestly my bathroom is in really good shape as I mega-cleaned it two weeks ago, so I took the time to install two items I bought on my lunch hour--a new toilet seat and a new shower caddy. I'd been meaning to do it for eons. So finally I just DID it!

Supper: I stir-fried a leftover piece of steak with a zucchini, onions, mushrooms, garlic and leftover rice from last week. (Froze the rest of the rice). Not that exciting but edible and healthy.

Did the dishes, ran the vacuum, cleaned the mirrors and glass doors, sorted a hot spot, made hubby's lunches for the next few days, sorted out my workout bag for the morning (switching from Curves to Aquafit every day or two makes me wonder if I should buy a second gear bag and fillers...) Finally remembered to put the rolled oats on to soak again for the morning.

Collapsed.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Do you have Coke Zero up there yet? It might be worth a try if you really want some pop to drink. But, frankly, skipping it altogether is probably better for you in the long run.

A second bag might be a good idea.

Valerie Comer said...

I'm actually not sure, Jean. I don't tend to stand and stare at the pop aisle. Might look for it once and see what I think.