Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday, July 27

Friday again--how did that happen? I barely dragged my body out of bed on time for Aquafit this morning. It's a good thing I had breakfast prepped and my workout bag loaded with clothes for work because I hucked it all in the truck and left for town about fifteen minutes after I woke up. And it was a great workout. I love Aquafit!

So I ate my breakfast (soaked oats, strawberries from my in-laws' garden, vanilla yogurt, mocha, 2 banana muffins) at work. And it was a pretty busy little morning, got my words on Dottie and that was about it for constructive. At noon I stopped for fresh local cherries and then drove home for the day.

It was great that I'd made the taco stuff (chicken breast, black beans, seasonings) last night as it was perfect for lunch with mixed salad greens, cuke, tomato, a sliver of cheddar and ranch dressing. I took a large bowl of cherries to the computer and did some research on colleges for Dottie's story. Later I went out and mowed the lawn (2 hours) which has to count for my outdoor *zone* for today!

Remembering that this week has been FlyLady's Master Bedroom week I went upstairs and flipped on the air conditioner while I looked the room over. It really was quite clean AND tidy. I picked up a few things and then decided to clean out my top dresser drawer which had stuff in it that didn't belong.

My menu told me tonight was chicken zucchini stir-fry night, so of course I rebelled. Didn't feel like zucchini. So I sauted up the chicken (onion, mushrooms) and added some sour cream and dumped it over rice (from the freezer). Snap peas for the veggie.

I'd come across old Sears catalogues that need to go to recycling and decided that being as I'm doing a contemporary novel for once, I'd tear out pages of models and figure out what my characters look like. So that's been fun--and it's cleaned up. I'd decorate a bulletin board with my pictures if I wrote at home, but I'll put them in a notebook with page protectors instead.

Banana milkshake is calling me and then it's time for a cold shower and bed! The dishes are done, the oats are on to soak, and I don't have to set the alarm for morning. Hope I can sleep.

No comments: