Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tuesday & Wednesday, July 31-August 1

So. Sedatives. They react kind of oddly on me, I guess. I went to sleep about 10:30 and slept like a rock until about 12:30--my typical first wake-up time. And then I needed to pee, but my limbs were all sedated and our one-and-only bathroom is down the stairs. I needed hubby to keep me from falling down them! Made it back to bed, slept til 4:30, woke up, went back to sleep till 6:30. So was it worth it? Kind of. At least while I was sleeping it was much sounder than it has been the last few weeks.

I was still really groggy when I got up and decided to skip the workout and just concentrate on making it to work on time.

Breakfast: typical (soaked oats, berries, vanilla yogurt...mocha). I came home at lunchtime and made a salmon pasta salad with few macaroni and lots of veggies in it. Took peas and cherries for snack.

Things were an all-fired panic after work getting supper going so hubby could get on the road for his apartment and day shifts. I'd intended to pick up a barbecue chicken at the grocery store but they were out so I grabbed a package of brats and buns--I ate two each myself--and made a large tossed salad. I was totally stressed out and found myself eating two pieces of raisin bread toast later. Bad Val. (I'd bought the bread for french toast camping).

Other than keeping the kitchen and bathroom together (and not letting the rest of the house get any worse) I'm ignoring FlyLady this week. Not because my living room doesn't need help--the coffee table is a huge hubby-style hot spot--but because we're leaving Friday for four days camping and I have much prep to get done. So my big project was taking the canvas carpenter's apron I'd bought a few days ago and adapting it to hang on the wall in the camper above my side of the bed. I need a safe place to keep glasses, wristwatch, headlamp, and reading material there at night. I stuck it up with sticky hooks and I expect it will work great.

Then I made a stack of lists of what I need to buy and do each day. Went to bed at a decent time and crashed. YAY! I really really slept, and even missed that 12:30 wake-up. Caught the 4:30 one though! :P And I was COLD. Can't remember when that last happened. I got up to pull out a blanket. When I awakened again at 6:30 I wasn't under it anymore, but hey, I needed it for a bit. :)

So I felt more rested today, Wednesday. Breakfast: soaked oats, cherries, vanilla yogurt, mocha. I took taco salad to work for lunch, also peas and cherries for later (and chocolate). Came home and cleaned out the cab of the truck, hubby's other hot spot. It had been collecting tools and vehicle parts for a couple months along with garbage and receipts and...who knows what all. Then I began rounding up and loading stuff into the truck and camper--some of the big stuff like the rubber raft (et al), the hammock, lawn chairs, etc.

Of course I was stupid about supper and pulled some individual meat loaves out of the freezer and had them sliced on two buns. I know better than to keep eating white buns. I did it anyway. NOW I have frozen the rest of the buns (and the raisin bread too) Had a salad.

While I was eating I finalized the remainder of the menu and grocery list for after work on Thursday and the laundry is currently going in circles. I just have the kitchen to clean and I'll be off to bed early, trying to repeat last night's performance!

4 comments:

Karenee said...

Maybe I got some of those "superwoman" genes too.

I think you're doing great! {{{hug}}} Love you muchly!

Valerie Comer said...

Superwoman?! Who? What? Where? When? Why? Send her my way! (and thanks for the hug!)

Karenee said...

Do you KNOW how much you get done? Because I don't think you're recognizing it.

Valerie Comer said...

Um...no? Somehow I only see what I didn't do.