Monday, July 23, 2007

Sunday-Monday July 22-23

Wow, life is busy but still somehow we are staying on top of things. Mostly. With a glitch or two in the system.

Sunday morning I hopped on my bike early and went for about a 45 minute bike ride, then came home for the shower and breakfast (fruit salad, soaked oats, vanilla yogurt, and mocha).

I stretched info in the last post saying my laundry was all put away; well, the camper curtains were in a basket waiting to go out Sunday, and when I took them out to hang them I realized that some of them were in shreds. So I hauled out a piece of fabric I'd bought for a different project five years ago and re-made about half the camper curtains. The fabrics go together okay. It's not like the camper is anywhere near new, but this does freshen it up a bit. So now it really is ready to go on the road again. It wasn't how I intended to spend my day.

I had two Wasa crackers with cinnamon cream cheese to tide me over cause hubby had a large, late breakfast of bacon and eggs. Then at (late) lunch time I made us a chef salad (lots of greens, cuke, tomato, hard-boiled egg, bacon, Ranch, almonds, sunflower seeds).

Throughout the day (once the curtains were sewn and cleaned up behind) I started reading Fearless by Robin Parrish (sequel to the one I read Friday). It was cool to have a somewhat tidy house and not feel guilty about reading!

For supper I barbecued homemade beef patties (bbq sauce) which we had with barbecued foil packets containing yam, carrots, mushrooms, and onions (dab of butter and sour cream). And the obligatory banana shake later in the evening. And finished the book.

Today I went to Aquafit. Monday is kickboxing day and I loved it! I'd taken my breakfast in a container because I didn't feel like eating beforehand (same brekkie) as usual). Hubby and I had lunch in town. I had a grilled Thai wrap with chicken, mandarin oranges and a sauce, with a tossed salad on the side. Snap peas and chocolate for snack later.

Supper: chicken strips in a honey-lime sauce, baby boiled potatoes (I only had 4 small pieces with butter) and stir-fried zucchini with onions, snap peas and tomatoes. Since mealtime hubby has left for his apartment (back to day shift tomorrow) and I picked raspberries and strawberries over at the in-laws' (they're on vacation). I've done the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and run the vacuum throughout the house. I also cleaned out the car as I'm taking an over-night jaunt out of town tomorrow, and I really like the car to be very clean for that, especially when I'm crossing into the USA. No need for the border guys to wonder what is under the junk!

This week FlyLady is in the master bedroom. My first thought was that it is way too hot upstairs to do anything. But I flipped the air conditioner in the bedroom on early and so I dusted the whole room (then vacuumed upstairs also). Most of this week's MBR missions don't apply to me, so I'll make things up as I go along on the days that I'm home. For instance, clothes are already put away and bedroom hot spots have stayed out since my cleaning marathon weekend three weeks ago. I notice FlyLady is not talking about my closet but I may venture in there later this week even so. It's the scariest place in the room!

And I'm eyeballing raspberries and yogurt for a snack in a little while.

The biggest accomplishment for me so far has been having zero dirty dishes to wake up to any morning this month. That and keeping the bathroom clean (even while hubby was covered with grease this weekend working on the car, replacing the water pump and timing belt).

The biggest thing I need to work on is planning meals. Really I need to do that. But not today!

No comments: