Thursday, November 22, 2007

Wednesday-Thursday November 21-22

Wednesday I slept through my alarm. Had breakfast: porridge, apple, banana, vanilla yogurt and mocha to go.

I discovered a few pages that had mis-printed on the calendar so instead of spending noon hour binding them, I went for a walk. May I say very cold? Even walking very briskly did not help much. I'd brought tuna and crackers and peas and grapes for lunch. I think I needed hot food! I was still cold when I got home and even though the house was at nearly 68 degrees, I stayed chilled through for a couple more hours. Heated a piece of lasagne, then a bowl of split pea soup and toast.

Finished up the house blessing by cleaning the bathroom,watering plants, doing mirrors, vacuuming, and washing the kitchen floor. And went to bed early.

This morning I actually caught the alarm in time to treadmill! And got in a solid workout. Breakfast: porridge with apple, banana, and vanilla yogurt (if you're bored reading about my breakfasts, think how I feel eating them!) mocha to go.

This time I had all the calendar pages good for sure so got to the graphics shop right at 12. Brandy always lets me bind my own (8th annual!) and charges me half price so its a good deal for me. Got the holes drilled and then across the street to the post office where I stuffed ten of them in padded envelopes, scrawled out addresses, got them weighed and stamped and GONE! The rest are for hand delivery. I was five minutes late getting back after my break but I figure I did pretty good.

I'd brought a jar of borscht for lunch so it was nice having something hot today. Along with a few crackers and peas and grapes. After work had a massage, swung by the grocery store, broke down and grabbed an A&W burger on the way home (almost 7pm). I'm planning to take it easy the rest of the evening to rest up from the massage!

Hope my American friends had a good Thanksgiving today.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Amazing how something that is supposed to be relaxing leaves one feeling beat up! I guess they do beat you up, when it comes right down to it.

BTW, Walter is waggling his unibrow and wondering if he can give you a massage. Since he'd have to use my hands, you're off the hook, but I think he likes you. ;) Actually, he's starting to look a little like Danny DeVito...

Valerie Comer said...

EJ, I'm a little afraid of Walter, to be quite honest. Unibrow and all. Tell him to keep his hands to himself. Yourself. Hmm.

This Hurley-Osborne technique is so passive that it can't possibly work. There is absolutely no beating up involved (though I feel like it the next day!). It is the weirdest massage in the world, nothing like a good old-fashioned backrub.

Why does it work? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Valarie: don't know anything about blogging but I wanted you to know about my experience with the Hurley Osborne technique.. I had my first treatment yesterday... Wow! I felt amazing right after.. you would need to know my history of Chronic pain to understand how incredible this is for me..I have not had a painfree day for 29 years, which feels like a lifetime to me as I am 61..if you would like to read more from me feel free to write to me...Debbie