Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monday, November 19

Yay me! I made it onto the treadmill! And then I had breakfast: porridge with apple, banana, vanilla yogurt. Mocha to go.

Went home at noon and re-discovered the word chaos. Hubby's been working on the kitchen! Thankfully I had lasagne in the fridge from the other night and zapped us each a piece. We also had salad. I have to say I was glad to go back to work and a bit apprehensive going home at the end of the day. (Had peas and grapes for afternoon snack)

Hubby had followed directions and put two packages of turkey drums and thighs into the oven in the roasting pan 45 minutes before, so I chopped up two yams, a few potatoes, six carrots, an onion, and three cloves of garlic and put them in the pan under the turkey (added a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper). Ummm, delish! And best of all, three lunches for hubby in the fridge.

I finished reading Auralia's Colors Sunday night, so I picked up Tahn by L.A.Kelly and began reading it around the mess. (I'd ordered the book in by inter-library loan.) Every time hubby needed a tool or something I jumped up to help, so I was thankful the book has short scenes! By the end of the evening the dishwasher was completely installed (and running, lol) and most of the electrical was in place for the micro/convec to move to its own little cubby under the counter. It's so big I'll be glad to have it off the counter. Counters are for working on, not honkin' huge appliances. Anyway, when hubby declared himself done for the day we picked up tools and I swept and cleaned the last couple pots that hadn't gone in the dishwasher. The living room is a really scary place right now but the kitchen looks pretty good! Had a couple slices pumpkin loaf before bed. Crashed.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Overstreet said...

I hope you enjoyed "Auralia's Colors"!

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks Jeff, I did. Review to come in a few days over at the main blog!