Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tuesday, November 6

Getting up in the dark to exercise is the pits, I tell you. There might well be a reason I've never yet managed to consistently get through the winter months with a morning workout. Both Monday and today I've managed to roll the CBC morning news on the clock radio straight into my dreams and not wake up as thoroughly or quickly as I ought to. I've still been managing 30 minutes on the treadmill but having to rush a bit more with the rest of my morning routine. I don't really WANT to switch to evening walking; it's hard for me to be consistent with that when hubby is home. Mornings are more the same regardless (he is SO not a morning person!) So, for want of a better alternative, I'll keep trying to push. Brekkie was the usual: porridge made with an apple, banana, and vanilla yogurt. Mocha to work.

Partly because of the rushed morning routine I didn't pack a full lunch today. I had a kazillion errands to run at my noon hour and while I was out picked up a salad from the grocery store which included chicken breast and tomatoes (which taste pretty bad this time of year) and dressing on the side. So that wasn't a bad option. Had along peas and 2 mandarin oranges. I was all set for some chocolate late in the day but the customers took over and I didn't get back to it.

I'd done some thinking about menu planning for the week though I hesitate to say I *have* a menu. Let's just say I have some ideas for a few meals! :P Anyway, stopped by the grocery store on my way home and picked up needed stuff.

I had a bowl of cole slaw and stir-fried up some zucchini (onion, mushrooms, roma tomatoes). Pan-fried a pork chop.

FlyLady is in the kitchen this week. Starting Friday, hubby and I will both be home for 3.5 days and have targeted the time for installing our long-put-off upper cabinets. So I'm making up my own zone challenges this week. Tonight I cleaned out the under-sink cabinet. Don't know how it got this icky.

I did a core workout, partly on the ball and partly on the mat. The kitchen is clean, lunch is ready to put in the crockpot, and all I have left to do is my half hour back stretch time.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

oooh! new cabinets! I'm glad it's happening.

Valerie Comer said...

Me too...but they're not in till they're in. :P