Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday, November 14

This getting up in the morning thing is really hard. Again today I thought I was catching the first wave of the news and it turns out I really wasn't! Yes the alarm is set right. It's my brain that isn't. So had brekkie: porridge, apple, banana, vanilla yogurt. I was so frazzled trying to get out the door ten minutes early to fuel up the truck that I forgot to make my mocha. Had to buy one. That's a sad thing to do with $4.25.

My next excitement had to do with the passport clinic. Apparently I did not clue in that one had to be there way early and take a number. Silly me thought it was drop-in. It said no appointment necessary, by which they meant they wouldn't make them ahead of time I guess. At any rate, they were not giving out more numbers when I arrived. So much for that. At least our apps are ready for the mailbox now, all filled in and everything.

So I had the full hour to WALK and tried to pick the steepest streets. So I did get my walk in after all. I'd taken leftover pasta sauce and rice, peas, and grapes for lunch. Also had a piece of chocolate.

When I got off work I was feeling stressed out. Had to go by the grocery store anyway for lunch stuff for hubby so I bought marinaded chicken wings, came home and cooked them up and french fries. I did also have a salad and a couple oranges. Really...I was looking for a splurge that wouldn't do too much damage. I was just sick to death of healthy food! If the healthy food was making me skinny that would be one thing, but...that's not the case.

So now I've been calendaring all evening and am on way off to clean the kitchen and read til hubby gets home. Which, due to the mines having changed time (and our town not) will be quite late. I like to wait up if I can, even if we just talk for five before I crash. He's too high on caffeine from the drive to sleep right away. And then we'll see each other at lunch time tomorrow. Which reminds me to think about lunch after I've posted this, too.

That's it. The November blahs have hit.

No comments: