Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday, November 8

So. What I said about it being hard to get up mornings? Yeah. It's the whole time switch thingie. We don't do it, being in this little band right on the zone edge. but our radio station is far enough over that they do. Which means that the morning shows are an hour off by my mostly-asleep brain's reckoning.

Which means that today it took me the better part of an hour to recognize the time. Which means I didn't have time to walk AND I was rushed to boot. Good times. Brekkie: porridge, apple, banana, vanilla yogurt, mocha to go.

BUT today was a day when hubby wasn't home at noon hour AND I had no errands to run AND the weather was decent so I went for a boogeying walk in town for about 45 minutes, up and down hills. So it qualifies. Definitely.

I'd taken leftover baked beans along for lunch as well as peas and grapes. Had a piece of chocolate later. The memories of yesterday's supper fiasco fresh on my brain, I stopped by the grocery store and bought myself a small marinated peppercorn steak and a zucchini, came home, chunked the steak and sauteed the works: onion, mushrooms, steak, zucchini, garlic, 2 roma tomatoes. Pretty decent. Had a tossed salad a couple hours later.

So kitchen weekend being upcoming, I cleared off part of my kitchen counter and started emptying some of my top cupboards. I doubt we'll actually START tomorrow as hubby will be sleeping off night shift, so I have time to finish. Apparently I am dropping off cans and milk jugs at recycling tomorrow. They need a real home. (**thinks about that nasty entryway**)

At any rate, I consider my evening routine pretty much done, other than my back stretches and some reading. So I'm off to do that now.

5 comments:

Jean said...

I have my mom starting to work on the concept of Baby Steps. I forwarded her one of FlyLady's emails. She emailed back that she was burning up her printer. The next day, she emailed me bragging about her sink. I emailed her back with a, "Yay, Mom!" A few minutes later, she updated me on the progress for organizing her sewing room -- a little at a time, just like I said.

Valerie Comer said...

Cool! I hope she signed up instead of burning up the printer. (Though I often print out the zone missions for the week on Monday morning. If I think I'll do them!)

So congrats to your mom for baby steps!

Jean said...

She's on dial-up, so this is a good way for her to start.

Valerie Comer said...

I see...though I accessed FlyLady fine by dialup for three months. Your mom might like the book, eh?

Jean said...

I'm wondering about that.