Monday, November 26, 2007

Saturday & Sunday, November 24 & 25

Once again a weekend went zipping by and I forgot to post here. Saturday I slept in and went for a walk outside. Came back and fixed my usual breakfast: porridge, apple, banana, vanilla yogurt.

Cleaned up upstairs; we'd gotten all the kitchen trims out to sort through the other day: crown molds, light rails, fillers, and kick boards. I tossed the cardboard packaging out the door and restacked the wood by category. Did some other sorting upstairs. Came down and did some critting on the laptop.

Had peas and oranges for lunch/ snack (breakfast was kinda late). It began to snow so I rushed off to town for the library, a quick buzz through the Christmas craft fair and the grocery store. My daughter called, panicking because all her Christmas decorations were in storage here as their place is so tiny. Thankfully my boss's son, who is in my son-in-law's college class, was home for the weekend and agreed to take them back. Disaster averted. While I was digging them out of the storage cabin I realized we'd just stacked all the cardboard from the cupboards we've installed thus far so I hauled it all to the burning pile and lit it. A few times I took a break and did some more critting.

I zapped burritos for supper. Finished off the crit in the evening and sent it out. Started reading Body Clutter. Looks like an interesting approach.

Sunday, got up and walked. Had 2 slices wholewheat toast with a sliced banana for brekkie. Feather dusted and vacuumed the house. When my sick hubby got home, I did the laundry, eventually putting through four loads. I opened a jar of ham and clam soup for lunch. Later an apple for snack.

Began to feel my throat tightening up and my eyes burn. Yay. Why does he have to share?

Made two big sausage casseroles; we had part of one for supper and I froze the rest in containers. We also had salad. Later I fixed banana milkshakes that felt good on our throats. Kinda dragged myself through most of the day but did go to bed with a clean house, so that's worth something when you feel like something the cat dragged in.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Valerie Comer said...

Me too!