Monday, November 12, 2007

Sunday-Monday, November 11-12

Sunday morning I got up in time to go for a walk outside. I walked to the irrigation ditch and back, but all the ducks have flown the coop since last time I was there (two weeks). Jim wanted bacon and eggs for breakfast--I had a poached egg on toast, 2 oranges and a mocha. For lunch I made kinda clam chowder (big batch) from the ham bone broth I'd boiled up last weekend. Fixed half whole wheat biscuits (ate 2). I was smart enough to put supper in the crockpot before breakfast: beef short ribs with sweet and sour sauce. We also had brown'n'wild rice mix and a salad. Also had an apple, peas and grapes for snacking on.

We got all the filler strips in on the cabinetry Jim installed Saturday and mounted one more cupboard. It took us quite awhile to figure out how EXACTLY things will get installed around our brick chimney what with the need for wiring to be run there. Even though there wasn't a lot of visible progress, there still was plenty of mental progress.

Hubby woke up in the middle of last night with a full-blown electrical solution. Sadly it kept him awake quite awhile so I let him sleep in today. Then we went to town for the other passport paperwork, came home, racked the plum wine, and got my oven fixed (yay!). Somehow we missed breakfast, had chicken noodles soup and biscuits for lunch, crockpot hoison chicken with rice for supper (tossed salad and leftover butternut squash).

We sorted out a bunch of stuff for the kitchen renovation including tools, so when he left after supper for the apartment and day shifts to start Tuesday, I had a head start on my FlyLady weekly blessing hour. Considering what a disaster area we had most of the weekend, the house if quite decent. All the kitchen counters are mostly clear, the dishes are done, the bathroom is clean (took a swipe at the cabinet fronts in honor of the bathroom zone this week), the plants are watered, the mirrors are wiped, the coffee table has been rediscovered, the floors vacuumed. Whew. I've also done most of my evening routine and know what is for lunch tomorrow at work. And errands for noon hour are set out on the peninsula. Shortly I'll be off to read and do my back stretches. That's it.

I feel pretty good about what all we got done this weekend. It's looking soooo good.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Whew! You've been very productive. Good for you.