Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tuesday, November 13

I finally managed to get out of bed early enough to treadmill before work, though only 25 minutes fit. (My goal is 35.) Typical brekkie: porridge with apple, banana, vanilla yogurt and a mocha to go.

Had some soy nuts for snack in the morning--maybe 1/3 cup. Spent most of my noon hour standing in line at the bank to get money orders made for passports. I'd brought the last of the baked beans along with peas and grapes for snack.

For supper I stir-fried a zucchini with onion, mushrooms, and garlic and had a small steak. Later when I was hungry I had a bowl of Kellogg's Mueslix cereal with skim milk. I spent the evening scanning photos for the *other* side of the family's calendar. I finished reading Stephen Lawhead's Scarlet and prepped the blog posts for it for next week. While lying out on my back on the floor I started reading the next one: Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet. Got to bed at a decent time.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Yay. My Camelbak bottles came today. My plan is to use them (reusable resource) instead of bottled water as a way to make sure I get enough water each day.

Bizarrely, I wound up getting a luggage rack and a trunk bag for my bike to get the purchase high enough to get free shipping -- wasn't that dumb? I'm hoping I'll drag the bike out to ride it more with luggage. I was surprised at how small the trunk was, though.

Valerie Comer said...

Heh, hope it works. I bought myself a camelback pack for use on the bike (or hiking) when I already knew I wasn't up to more biking this fall. Yours makes more sense than mine!

Jean said...

I have a couple of Camelbak packs -- one in desert camo that I got when I went to Bahrain and two fanny pack style ones I used when I was still running marathons (I left one in Texas and kept one with me, so I didn't have to lug it back and forth when I was flying).

I was surprised to learn about the bottles when I was researching packs for my guys deploying. They have a straw and a BiteValve, so I don't have to tip the bottle to drink.

You can always use yours on the treadmill. :)

Valerie Comer said...

I guess I missed that you said BOTTLES, lol. And yeah, I spose I could use it on the treadmill. That never crossed my pea-sized brain before!