Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friday & Saturday, August 10-11

Started off Friday morning with Aquafit. It was a really good workout and I could feel the burn (a nice burn, though) for hours afterwards. I'd packed my breakfast for at work: soaked oats, cherries, vanilla yogurt, mocha. I didn't take any muffins because I was only working a half day anyway.

Still, by the time I got off work and picked up groceries and another stop for fresh cherries (season is nearly over now :( )it was pushing 1:30 and I was STARVED. So I zapped FOUR burritoes and had them with non-fat sour cream and salsa. Still, four? A little obsessive.

Also at noon hour we had a crazy little storm blow through here; it rained about a half hour (first in about eight weeks) and cooled down to the point where I went hunting jeans and a shirt with sleeves. Even found socks! So I decided it was the perfect day to bake homemade bread which I hadn't done in many months. When my fabulously delicious whole/ multigrain bread came out of the oven I had two slices with margarine and cheddar. At supper I had cole slaw and one seared pork chop, also carrot sticks, peas, and some cherries.

Other than the bread baking I didn't do a lot of housework. I'd bought replacement cleaners though and did swish and swipe the bathroom. Our bedroom carpet got soaked from the rain arrowing in from the north, but it has dried.

I've read a couple of books over the weekend and begun to think through how I will review them on my blog in the next couple weeks.

Saturday morning I had breakfast (Fiber One, cherries, and yogurt) and was reaching for my runners when the phone rang and it was my daughter. I could tell this wouldn't be a short call (it wasn't!) so I made my mocha and settled down to visit. Hubby was home on his split and when he was ready for breakfast in the late morning we had cinnamon raisin bread french toast (does it count that I use sugar-free syrup??) and turkey breakfast sausages.

As a result of Friday's storm our golden willow had shed a lot of branches. I spent much of Saturday afternoon picking them up and hauling them to our burning pile which is getting quite large. The temperature was way up again, though not over 40 Celcius.
I had a large tossed salad and a small bowl of homemade chili (heavy on the beans) and went out to water the garden and then mow the grass. Much of the lawn is too dry to be growing so only about a third of it needed to be cut (around the garden in particular where the watering has helped keep the grass happy).

In the evening I had another small bowl of chili before freezing the rest and munched on carrot sticks and peas while I surfed the net. I also made a batch of taco goop but was low on chili powder so it is now in the fridge. I have to pick up pickling cucumbers as I'd ordered a 20# case and I'll get more chili powder when I do so I can get portions in the freezer.

Status of the house: pretty darn clean if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Buy as many cherries as you can, wash them, and freeze them. You'll get plenty of enjoyment out of them long after the season is over.

Valerie Comer said...

Heh, I used to that when the kids were little. They'd take a bowl of frozen cherries outside so they could eat the cherry-sicles and spit the pits wherever they landed! I used to can them back in the day, too. Now I prefer whatever is fresh, so I'll soon be on to peaches.