Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday, August 27

I dragged myself out of bed in time for a Curves workout before work. Although I'd taken muscle relaxant pills Sunday night, I still didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped and did not awaken with a lot of energy. Still sore. However, I did my workout and kept my heart rate up for 30 minutes, so that's good. Breakfast: soaked oats, peach, vanilla yogurt, mocha. A side note: Since I've started doing the FlyLady routines I don't forget to soak the oats ahead of time anymore. Sometimes (like on the weekends when hubby is home) I may choose to have Fiber One instead--or live dangerously and make pancakes--but it's rarely because I've forgotten to prep ahead. That right there has saved me money and helped me be healthier. Which I need because now my weight is 145. Time to deal with it. No really, I mean it.

After a week of the shop being closed, today was an absolute zoo at work. I got very little accomplished besides putting out minor (and some not so minor) fires. Still, I guess it was to be expected.

Hubby was home on his split so I came home at lunch and made us a chef salad (greens, cuke, tomatoes, boiled egg, a bit of bacon, ranch, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds). I took three Wasa crackers and salmon cream cheese back to work with me for afternoon snack (also 2 pce dark chocolate).

I printed out this week's FlyLady missions because I didn't want to go online again right away from home (so easy to distract me, sadly). So I started right off by hunting down garbage in the living room (this week's zone). FlyLady suggested couch cushion diving and that grossed me out enough that the slipcovers hit the washing machine. They're now back on the couch, sans crumbs and such.

For dinner I sliced up a peppercorn marinated steak and sauteed it with onion and sliced green cabbage. I snacked on some peas and cherries while I cooked. Yay for more cherries! Local ones are no longer available, but these are from somewhere else in BC.

After dinner I did the dishes and tidied up the kitchen and then sat down to make up a menu for the next week. I don't know why this is so hard for me but my brain just seems to rebel at this one. Yet I know that it helps me eat healthier, cheaper, and less stressfully. I mean, it’s a winning thing. Anyway even one week takes me longer to figure out than it ought to so I figure I've done my tasks for the evening! Most of my bedtime routine is done now, breakfast, mocha and lunch are prepped, etc.

I think it will be a banana shake evening. The peaches are still too firm. Early to bed tonight, trying to even out my system again.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I got up this morning, and, even though I usually dash off to work, I took a couple of minutes to clear off a table in the living room that has been driving me nuts with clutter for months now. Ahhhhhh. Much better.

I got home from work tonight and was pleasantly startled to be able to see the tabletop!

Valerie Comer said...

I'm so glad I'm infecting you, Jean! I'm finding myself happier getting up in the morning--and coming home after work--to a tidier place too.