Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Monday, August 13

Another Aquafit day, and I'm down to the last week of it sadly. Our little town has an outdoor pool only, but last fall (after countless referendums) we finally voted in an entire new recreation complex. The pool will be the first part tackled, and the outdoor pool closes on August 24 so that they can begin digging the bigger deeper hole. Yay! However, I won't be home next week so I'll miss the last week of Aquafit. I've really enjoyed it. I think it's important to spice up our fitness routines every once in awhile.

So once again I brought my breakfast to work: soaked oats, cherries, vanilla yogurt, 2 banana muffins, and mocha. At lunch I heated up a jar of chicken soup I'd been keeping at the shop for just such an occasion, along with peas and more cherries. And a bit of dark chocolate late in the day. I had serious gut cramps then and couldn't figure out what was causing them. Finally getting a period? Maybe. But it didn't show. Might have been the cabbage in the chicken soup. The cramping finally went away late in the evening.

When I got home from work I had a couple pieces of multigrain toast (margarine) with a sliced banana. I was really hungry (or it was one way to interpret the cramping) and we were going to my sis-in-law's for a late barbecue in honor of my nephew's birthday.

It was the day hubby gets off night shift so we didn't stay at the party long. I had a couple burgers (with icky white buns--sigh--why do I DO this to myself? They don't even taste good!), cucumbers, tomatoes, salad, and a little blop of potato salad. Very small glass of Zinfindel.

Got home, tidied the kitchen and did the prep for Tuesday (aka, in FlyLady lingo, as my bedtime routine). Hubby worked on my neck and VOILA my two or three day headache is gone.

Wish I was sleeping better.

No comments: