Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday, August 28

Hello to anyone who might wander in here from Jean's blog. You may find this an incredibly boring place to be, filled with the minute details of my life from trying to eat according to the Glycemic Index, maintain my weight loss, and get organized via FlyLady. It's more for my own accountability than anything.

And today I didn't feel well. I still have a headache and neck ache and my gut wasn't too happy either. Might be the cabbage from yesterday which is sad as I really love cooked cabbage. This morning I ignored the alarm clock that beckoned me out for an early walk or bike ride, and curled back up for a nap. When I got up I had my breakfast of soaked oats, cherries and vanilla yogurt and made my mocha to take to work.

One thing I've found helpful is having my morning and evening FlyLady routines on the computer. In fact, that document is nearly always up so I can check my progress to see if I've missed something. So I'm getting better at remembering my vitamins now that I've put it on my list. It used to be automatic but not in the past few months.

Thankfully the work day was much quieter than yesterday. I'd taken a jar of homemade black bean soup for lunch as well as three Wasa crackers and smoked salmon cream cheese. Also a container of peas. Late in the afternoon I had two pieces of dark chocolate.

I checked my FlyLady zone mission when I got home and decided that everything currently residing in my living room needs to be here. Even the boxes of ceramic tile behind the recliner in the corner have no place better to be until the kitchen is ready for backsplashes. So I made supper: salad, green bean and shrimp stir-fry, and some french fries. Like I needed that, yeah, I know.

I read for awhile, talked to my mother-in-law, looked at online pics of my brand new baby niece, and am just now headed back off to do my few dishes and my breakfast prep. After I finish my bowl of chocolate non-fat non-sugar ice cream, that is. Surprisingly tastes pretty good and the closest thing I'd allow myself to something gooey and chocolatey. Trust me what I really feel like is brownies but we're not going there.

The alarm is set for a Curves workout in the morning so I hope I feel better. Enough is enough.

No comments: