Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thursday-Monday, August 2-6

I'm not going to make you suffer through a blow-by-blow of an entire long weekend!

Suffice to say I was organized enough (yay!) that we got away on time on Friday and had everything along that we needed. We took our bicycles along because we'd been told that the road that goes by the campsite is a good gravel road and not too steep. The truth was that there was about five kilometers of dust-and-boulders side road first, so we didn't actually go cycling (though I did go Thursday morning). So the most exercise I got was playing in the lake and about an hour of canoeing.

Food-wise...about the only *junk food* I took along was a box of Christie gingersnaps. SUCH a treat for me and I don't buy them when not camping. My boss had given me a 20# box of cherries to take along...and we camped in a group of nearly 50 people so the cherries were pretty much gone by Sunday night. Breakfasts and suppers we did quite healthy; lunches were more of an issue as I depended on SideKicks for those, with a side of fresh peas and carrots.

When we got home we'd had a problem with our water system and our cows were thirsty, so there wasn't enough water for all the people things I wanted to do. HAD to have a shower after four days of swimming and then walking around in dust! And our bedding had to be washed for the same reason. But the last round of camping dishes is waiting for me this evening, as is the rest of the laundry.

This week in FlyLady's kitchen week and I have read this week's missions. Got my work cut out for me!

No comments: