Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday, August 29

I remember with longing the nights when I went to bed--and to sleep--around 11 and woke up with the alarm clock. Eventually I figured out what an unusual blessing that was. And the past few years I've really missed it. As I look at the words, I have to laugh because it is still true, only it used to be the whole story and now it isn't. I fall asleep fairly quickly...wake up at 12:30 or so, lay awake, doze, wake up around 4, lay there, doze, fall back asleep...and wake up with the alarm.

And today for the first time in a week I didn't wake up with a headache, which is progress. Of course it arrived a couple hours later. I had my breakfast of soaked oats, peaches and cherries, vanilla yogurt, and a mocha. I worked out at Curves and weighed in. 145. Makes me sad.

Hubby arrived home from night shifts so I went home at lunch and made a salmon pasta salad with peas, carrots, and celery. I had peas and an apple for snack at work later. When I got home I started supper: salad, pork chops, and a zucchini stir-fry (onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic).

Interesting aside, about twenty minutes from the end of my work day my niece, who lives an hour's drive away, dropped in. She hoped I'd be able to hang out with her for a bit, not remembering her uncle's schedule. I declined, but they'll drop by later, and the fun thing is that I didn't even have a flash of panic about the state of the house because I knew it was reasonably acceptable!

After supper (and dishes) hubby and I went down to the library. Since then I've done the FlyLady zone missions for today and tomorrow. They required standing on the same chairs so it made sense, and besides tomorrow is our wedding anniversary (number 27) so I'm taking the day off anything but the routines. I was amazed by how many cobwebs were clinging to the high shelves, ceiling/wall corners and window trim (and the few knick-knacks I have up there). I didn't think it had been that long since I'd been up there, but it occurs to me that I kinda skipped the living room zone at the end of July because I was camping prep. So the last time would have been on my June 29 blitz. At any rate it sure needed it!

So now I'm calmly awaiting my company. Most of my evening routine is done. It's all good.

No comments: