Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday, August 12

Today I had Fiber One, cherries, and vanilla yogurt for breakfast. Isn't that surprising! Oh, can't forget the mocha.

I went to a Mennonite wedding this morning, our next door neighbor's daughter. Even though I have Mennonite roots way back when, this was my first cross-cultural wedding. Very interesting!

I picked up a 20 pound case of pickling cucumbers on my way home, along with the seasonings to zap up the taco salad, which I had for lunch. Then made 18 jars of pickles and (go me) cleaned up after myself while eating a bowl of cherries. Then I went outside and pruned back the apricot tree. It shades our truck's parking spot and I had noticed that it was getting droopy and nearly brushing the cab. While I was working outside I did some weeding and hauled a bunch of boxes of baler twine from the front porch to the shed where it belongs (somehow this hadn't become a priority of hubby's) and had to make room to stack the boxes.

Although it was supper time by then, I didn't feel like making anything so I munched on a handful of peas while I surfed the net. Then I made a couple of pieces of homemade multigrain toast (margarine, cheddar). An hour or so later I had a large bowl of salad, then vacuumed the main floor and upstairs. Finally around 9pm I put smoked salmon cream cheese on three Wasa crackers and decided that I'd had supper!

So the kitchen is clean, breakfast and lunch are prepped, my workout bag is packed for Aquafit in the morning, and the evening is cool enough that I think I should sleep well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sharing your Glory Bowl" recipe? I would like to try it out. thanks, Joyce

Valerie Comer said...

Hi Joyce :)

I can email it to you; I have it on the computer at home. Now I just need to remember to do that... :P