Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday, August 16

Another busy day in Val-ville. Had my usual breakfast: soaked oats, cherries, vanilla yogurt, and my mocha. Went in to Curves before work for a cardio workout.

Things were hopping at work due to my taking this next week off. I came home at lunch to make salmon pasta salad for hubby and me. This time I put in lots of broccoli. For snack I took peas and cherries back to the shop, also had a small handful of pistachios and a piece of dark chocolate.

We had new garden potatoes (butter, dill) for supper with a piece of beef steak and a tossed salad. I munched the one handful of green beans raw; by the time I get home we should be able to eat them regularly for a few weeks. Hubby headed off to the apartment as he starts day shifts tomorrow, and I continued to graze broccoli and cherries all evening while I worked. And this time I'm pretty sure it's the end of the cherries!

I did my *house blessing* ala FlyLady. I also cleaned out the truck cab which wasn't too bad as I'd done it a couple weeks back. Hubby will be driving the truck over to help move our daughter and son-in-law next week. I also packed some clothes for him into the truck, a sleeping bag, pillow, tarp, and a bunch of rope.

Then I started packing ME while also cleaning up the main areas of the house. I'm headed out first thing Friday to a Women of Faith conference in Calgary. From which I'll go to our daughter's home and help finish up the last of the packing and cleaning before hubby arrives Tuesday.

I've left the kitchen and main floor nice and clean, and upstairs looks pretty decent also. Of course the cat will probably hork all over everything before we get home but that can't be helped.

You won't be getting a blow by blow this next week, lucky you. But I'm interested to see how different it will be to help the kids pack than it's been for me. Hanna has been seriously decluttering and her hubby is NOT a saver (unlike mine). Hanna grew up with me as a mother, what FlyLady calls a SHE (sidetracked home executive) and learned to take care of things rather on a defensive mode. I, on the other hand, grew up with a BO (born organizer) and then married someone who hangs onto everything that crosses his path.

On our many moves I packed with toddlers taking things out of boxes as fast as I put them in. I packed with a 10 year old who thought it was cute to pack the cat. He made sure it was a box with holes and even labeled the box *George*. I didn't notice until a box in the stack began making scratchy noises. The same boy at 16, when we moved the last time, was still rescuing things out of the packed pile. I thought his Lego was something I could pack ahead of time but apparently not. He took it back upstairs and built stuff with it for a few more weeks. He and his wife are moving now at the end of August, too. I hope he's more help than he used to be!

Talk to you all in a week or so.

2 comments:

fiorinda said...

Have a good time at your conference and helping your daughter move.

I looked at your conference link and was surprised to see Sandi Patty. She was one of the first concerts I went to as a child.(I think the first was Second Chapter of Acts) I got to go up on stage with all the other children while she sang a song. We sat in the last row but one. It was also a memorable trip because we stopped at a gas station for a potty break and this drunk woman forced her way past my mother into the bathroom where my sister was using the facilities(I think she was 13(my sister, that is)) and proceeded to puke in the sink.

I hope your trip is memorable for much better reasons.

Valerie Comer said...

Yes, we saw and heard Sandi Patti. What a powerhouse!