Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday, August 26

I sure hope I have some energy for Monday as today dragged as much as yesterday did. I didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped, being as I'd taken muscle relaxers because of the back spasms. Breakfast consisted of soaked oats, a diced peach, vanilla yogurt, and a mocha. I spent a bit of time online before hitting the road to see family.

Somehow I hadn't noticed the fuel gauge Saturday when I was in town. I probably had enough to get over the mountain but I hate to take a chance--and besides it is cheaper here. Thus I started my trip today backtracking into town to fuel up which set me a bit behind. Not only has it cooled off considerably from July's heat, but it actually rained a couple times on the road today. By the patter on the windows it has just now reached our place.

I arrived at my sister's house at the same time as Hanna and Craig did. My visiting sis and b-i-l had gone up to the nursing home to bring Mom over for lunch. We had barbecued salmon, rice, corn on the cob and salad with peach flambé for dessert. We visited for a couple hours and then I headed home via the ferry, stopping for a couple of spicey chicken rolls and a large-ish ginger cookie.

Since I've gotten home I've made lunches for Jim to take back to work with him tomorrow, prepped breakfast and lunch, put my workout bag back together--did the stuff that FlyLady calls the Bedtime Routine. It's about as done as it's going to get before hubby arrives home and we have the peach shakes I'm hungering over.

My back pulled a couple of spasm attacks again today. My gut doesn't feel well (probably those chicken rolls!) and neither do my neck and head. Mostly kind of low key whiney rather than full tilt pain. I'm hoping being back in full routine Monday will be a good thing.

No comments: